Thursday 3 November 2011

M.A.C. 217 and 219 brush REVIEW

How happy I was when I possessed these magic wands..J.K. Anyway, these brushes are actually very good. I had only heard of them through other blogs and websites until three months ago I finally got them. If you want to know more about these keep on reading.





M.A.C describes these as:

217 blending brush :- For shading or blending of colour or creamy products. This brush has fine, densely packed fibers that are arranged in an oval shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.




219 pencil brush :- For precision shading on lid, in eye crease or along lash line. The soft, smooth fibers of this brush are gathered into a pencil-shaped tip. It is ideal for blending eyeliner into eye shadow to create a smoky looking eye. M·A·C professional brushes 
are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.






My opinion:


In my opinion these are the best brushesI have ever used.I know when people are reviewing it they just dont say it , they actually mean it. 




The M.A.C 217 brush can be used for many purposes. It is a very versatile equipment. You can smoke out you eye makeup looks , blend two eyeshadows together,contour smaller areas on the face , applying cream eyeshadows or paintpots. It good for defining the crease and blending shades directly into the crease.It is great for highlighting the browbone as well and gives a soft application. This is by far the best brush I have ever used. If I had to keep only one brush in my travel kit I would keep the M.A.C 217 one as it can do multiple jobs.




The M.A.C 219 pencil brush is as good as any other M.A.C brush. It is best for smudging the eyeshadow on the upper and lower lashline.Smudging any harsh lines in the crease though you want to keep the precision of your look. You can define the outer way or the shape of your eye with this brush. Its good for smudging the eyeliner giving it a winged or cat eyelienr look.It is designed to pick a descent amount of color as it is very stiff




Both the brushes are made up of goat hair! And they do not shed at all therefore lasting for more than 3 years.




I was on a budget so I picked only two of the M.A.C brushes as they are very expensive. I wanted to buy more but picking more than two would leave my wallet totally empty for the rest remaining trip .






                                                             Closeup of original shape






Rating:






(217 Blending brush)[dhs 120 , $22.50]


Quality: 5
Product: 5
Price :    3
Overall: 4.5
Will i buy again : For sure if I have the money.






(219 Pencil brush) [dhs135 , $24.50]



Quality: 5
Product: 5
Price :    3
Overall: 4.5
Will i buy again : For sure if I have the money.






I got the brushes from the M.A.C store at The Dubai Mall. Both the brushes together cost me PKR 6120. I know it is ALOT of money but it is a good investment though. You wont most likely find the brushes here very easily . A very good and exact dupe for these brushes are the luscious ones. I recommend you get those if you dont want to buy the M.A.C ones.






Hope this helped
Love,,
Fariya Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comment will make my day :)